Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Cyathodes colensoi.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Cyathodes colensoi. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
This species is fairly hardy in Britain but it can be damaged in very severe winters. Another report says that it is only hardy to about -5°c, but plants have been seen growing on a very shady north-facing slope in a rock garden at Kew, which experiences lower temperatures than this[K]. These plants were undamaged after the very cold winter of 1996 - 97 and were flowering freely in April 1997[K]. Plants grow best in areas with moderate winters and cool moist summers. The sweetly scented flowers are produced in axillary clusters.Plants have very fine root systems and great care must be taken when transplanting them.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Cyathodes colensoi. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Cyathodes colensoi.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Brooker. S. G., Cambie. R. C. and Cooper. R. C. Economic Native Plants of New Zealand. Oxford University Press ISBN 0-19-558229-2 (1991-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Ornamental Shrubs, Climbers and Bamboos. Murray ISBN 0-7195-5043-2 (1992-00-00)
- Bird. R. (Editor) Growing from Seed. Volume 4. Thompson and Morgan. (1990-00-00)
- Bird. R. (Editor) Focus on Plants. Volume 5. (formerly 'Growing from seed') Thompson and Morgan. (1991-00-00)
- Brickell. C. The RHS Gardener's Encyclopedia of Plants and Flowers Dorling Kindersley Publishers Ltd. ISBN 0-86318-386-7 (1990-00-00)
- Genders. R. Scented Flora of the World. Robert Hale. London. ISBN 0-7090-5440-8 (1994-00-00)
- Wrigley. J. W. and Fagg. M. Australian Native Plants. Collins. (Australia) ISBN 0-7322-0021-0 (1988-00-00)
- Allan. H. H. Flora of New Zealand. Government Printer, Wellington. (1961-00-00)