Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Coprosma nitida.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Coprosma nitida. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
This species is somewhat intolerant of frost, but some provenances should succeed outdoors at least in the milder areas of Britain. A specimen seen at Hilliers Arboretum in April 1999 was 1.5 metres tall. It had been planted in quite heavy dappled shade right next to the trunk of a fairly upright deciduous tree, though with a fairly open aspect to the south. It looked very healthy, though a bit drawn up, with no signs of any cold damage[K]. Hybridizes freely with other members of this genus. Plants are tolerant of heavy clipping or pruning.Plants are normally dioecious, though in some species the plants produce a few flowers of the opposite sex before the main flowering and a few hermaphrodite flowers are sometimes produced. Male and female plants must usually be grown if seed is required.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Coprosma nitida. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Coprosma nitida.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Cribb. A. B. and J. W. Wild Food in Australia. Fontana ISBN 0-00-634436-4 (1976-00-00)
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Knees. S. The New Plantsman. Volume 2, 1995. Royal Horticultural Society ISBN 1352-4186 (1995-00-00)
- Brooker. S. G., Cambie. R. C. and Cooper. R. C. Economic Native Plants of New Zealand. Oxford University Press ISBN 0-19-558229-2 (1991-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
"image:Coprosma nitida.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.