Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Campanula punctata.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Campanula punctata.
Basal cuttings in spring. Harvest the shoots when they are about 10 - 15cm long with plenty of underground stem. Pot them up into individual pots and keep them in light shade in a cold frame or greenhouse until they are rooting well. Plant them out in the summer.Division in spring or autumn. Very easy, larger clumps can be replanted direct into their permanent positions, though it is best to pot up smaller clumps and grow them on in a cold frame until they are rooting well. Plant them out in the summer or following spring.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Campanula punctata. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Closely related to C. takesimana. The species in this genus do not often hybridize and so seed can generally be relied upon to come true. The plants are self-fertile. There are several named forms selected for their ornamental value.Members of this genus are rarely if ever troubled by browsing deer.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Campanula punctata. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Campanula punctata.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- Reid. B. E. Famine Foods of the Chiu-Huang Pen-ts'ao. Taipei. Southern Materials Centre (1977-00-00)
- Facciola. S. Cornucopia - A Source Book of Edible Plants. Kampong Publications ISBN 0-9628087-0-9 (1990-00-00)
- Crook. H. Clifford. Campanulas - their cultivation and classification. Country Life (1951-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Perennial Garden Plants J. M. Dent & Sons, London. ISBN 0 460 86048 8 (1990-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Lewis. P. & Lynch. M. Campanulas - A Gardener's Guide. B. T. Batsford. London. ISBN 0-7134-8266-4 (1998-00-00)
- Ohwi. G. Flora of Japan. (English translation) Smithsonian Institution (1965-00-00)
- www.foj.info Flora of Japan ()
"image:Campanula punctata1 flower.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.