Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Campanula poscharskyana.
Basal cuttings in spring. Harvest the shoots when they are about 10 - 15cm long with plenty of underground stem. Pot them up into individual pots and keep them in light shade in a cold frame or greenhouse until they are rooting well. Plant them out in the summer.Division in spring or autumn. Very easy, the plant can be divided at almost any time of the year.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Campanula poscharskyana. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Plants are hardy to at least -15°c. A rampant spreading plant, it makes an excellent ground cover but can become a nuisance if it isn't sited with care. The species in this genus do not often hybridize and so seed can generally be relied upon to come true. The plants are self-fertile. This species does not produce seed very freely in Britain, but it is very easily propagated by division. There are several named forms selected for their ornamental value. The form 'E.K.Toogood' is less invasive.Members of this genus are rarely if ever troubled by browsing deer.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Campanula poscharskyana. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Campanula poscharskyana.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Phillips. R. & Rix. M. Perennials Volumes 1 and 2. Pan Books ISBN 0-330-30936-9 (1991-00-00)
- Royal Horticultural Society. Ground Cover Plants. Cassells. ISBN 0-304-31089-1 (1989-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Plants for Ground Cover J. M. Dent & Sons ISBN 0-460-12609-1 (1990-00-00)
- Bird. R. (Editor) Growing from Seed. Volume 3. Thompson and Morgan. (1989-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Crook. H. Clifford. Campanulas - their cultivation and classification. Country Life (1951-00-00)
- Brickell. C. The RHS Gardener's Encyclopedia of Plants and Flowers Dorling Kindersley Publishers Ltd. ISBN 0-86318-386-7 (1990-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Perennial Garden Plants J. M. Dent & Sons, London. ISBN 0 460 86048 8 (1990-00-00)
"image:Campanula tommasiana3.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.