Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Campanula garganica.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Campanula garganica.
Basal cuttings in spring. Very easy. Harvest the shoots when they are about 10 - 15cm long with plenty of underground stem. Pot them up into individual pots and keep them in light shade in a cold frame or greenhouse until they are rooting well. Plant them out in the summer.Division in spring or autumn. Very easy, larger clumps can be replanted direct into their permanent positions, though it is best to pot up smaller clumps and grow them on in a cold frame until they are rooting well. Plant them out in the summer or following spring.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Campanula garganica. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Plants are hardy to at least -15°c. The species in this genus do not often hybridize and so seed can generally be relied upon to come true. The plants are self-fertile. Plants are often short-lived, though they are easily propagated by seed or basal cuttings. They also usually self-sow freely. This species is closely related to C. elatines. There are some named varieties selected for their ornamental value. 'Dickson's Gold' has golden-green leaves with a pleasant mild flavour[K].Members of this genus are rarely if ever troubled by browsing deer.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Campanula garganica. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Campanula garganica.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Crook. H. Clifford. Campanulas - their cultivation and classification. Country Life (1951-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Perennial Garden Plants J. M. Dent & Sons, London. ISBN 0 460 86048 8 (1990-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Grey-Wilson. C. & Matthews. V. Gardening on Walls Collins ISBN 0-00-219220-0 (1983-00-00)
"image:Campanula garganica.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.