Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Avena barbata.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Avena barbata. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
A triploid species, it is rarely cultivated for its edible seed.Oats are in general easily grown plants but, especially when grown on a small scale, the seed is often completely eaten out by birds. Some sort of netting seems to be the best answer on a garden scale.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Avena barbata. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Avena barbata.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Schery. R. W. Plants for Man. ()
- Moerman. D. Native American Ethnobotany Timber Press. Oregon. ISBN 0-88192-453-9 (1998-00-00)
- Hill. A. F. Economic Botany. The Maple Press (1952-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Komarov. V. L. Flora of the USSR. Israel Program for Scientific Translation (1968-00-00)