Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Vicia articulata.
Pre-soak the seed for 24 hours in warm water and then sow in situ in the spring. An autumn sowing in situ might also succeed.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Vicia articulata. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Succeeds in any well-drained soil in a sunny position if the soil is reliably moist throughout the growing season, otherwise it is best grown in semi-shade. This species has a symbiotic relationship with certain soil bacteria, these bacteria form nodules on the roots and fix atmospheric nitrogen. Some of this nitrogen is utilized by the growing plant but some can also be used by other plants growing nearby. When removing plant remains at the end of the growing season, it is best to only remove the aerial parts of the plant, leaving the roots in the ground to decay and release their nitrogen. Cultivated in France for its edible seed.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Vicia articulata. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Vicia articulata.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Hedrick. U. P. Sturtevant's Edible Plants of the World. Dover Publications ISBN 0-486-20459-6 (1972-00-00)
- Tanaka. T. Tanaka's Cyclopaedia of Edible Plants of the World. Keigaku Publishing (1976-00-00)
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- Uphof. J. C. Th. Dictionary of Economic Plants. Weinheim (1959-00-00)
- Usher. G. A Dictionary of Plants Used by Man. Constable ISBN 0094579202 (1974-00-00)
- Woodward. L. Burge. P. Green Manures. Elm Farm Research Centre. (1982-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Davis. P. H. Flora of Turkey. Edinburgh University Press (1965-00-00)