Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Rubus ulmifolius.
Cuttings of half-ripe wood, July/August in a frame. Tip layering in July. Plant out in autumn.Division in early spring or just before leaf-fall in the autumn.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Rubus ulmifolius. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Hardy to about -18°c. Plants reproduce sexually and not apomictically like many brambles. Individual plants are self-sterile. This species is a blackberry with biennial stems, it produces a number of new stems each year from the perennial rootstock, these stems fruit in their second year and then die.Plants in this genus are notably susceptible to honey fungus.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Rubus ulmifolius. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Rubus ulmifolius.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Tanaka. T. Tanaka's Cyclopaedia of Edible Plants of the World. Keigaku Publishing (1976-00-00)
- Singh. Dr. G. and Kachroo. Prof. Dr. P. Forest Flora of Srinagar. Bishen Singh Mahendra Pal Singh (1976-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Niebuhr. A. D. Herbs of Greece. Herb Society of America. (1970-00-00)
- Grae. I. Nature's Colors - Dyes from Plants. MacMillan Publishing Co. New York. ISBN 0-02-544950-8 (1974-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Clapham, Tootin and Warburg. Flora of the British Isles. Cambridge University Press (1962-00-00)
- Watson. W. C. R. Handbook of the Rubi of Great Britain and Ireland. ()
- Davis. B. Climbers and Wall Shrubs. Viking. ISBN 0-670-82929-3 (1990-00-00)
"image:Aculi.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.