Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Ribes distans.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Ribes distans.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Ribes distans. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Hardy to about -20°c. This species is closely related to R. alpinum. Plants can harbour a stage of 'white pine blister rust', so they should not be grown in the vicinity of pine trees. Plants in this genus are notably susceptible to honey fungus.Dioecious, male and female plants must be grown if fruit and seed is required.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Ribes distans. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Ribes distans.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- Komarov. V. L. Flora of the USSR. Israel Program for Scientific Translation (1968-00-00)
- [Flora of China] (1994-00-00)
- Dirr. M. A. and Heuser. M. W. The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation. Athens Ga. Varsity Press ISBN 0942375009 (1987-00-00)
- Bird. R. (Editor) Growing from Seed. Volume 4. Thompson and Morgan. (1990-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Arnberger. L. P. Flowers of the Southwest Mountains. Southwestern Monuments Ass. (1968-00-00)