m (Text replace - "|edible=" to "|edible use notes=")
(Adding primary image from WikiSpecies.)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 16:50, 27 July 2012
Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Ratibida columnifera.
The leaves and stems are analgesic. An infusion is used to relieve the pain of headaches and to treat stomach aches and fevers. A decoction is used as a wash to relieve pain and to treat poison ivy rash. The decoction is also used as a wash to draw the poison out of a rattlesnakes bite.
Seed - we have no information for this species but suggest sowing the seed in a cold frame in early spring. Only just cover the seed and put the pot in a sunny position. When they are large enough to handle, prick the seedlings out into individual pots and plant them out in early summer. Division in spring is possible but very difficult because the plant has a long taproot.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Ratibida columnifera. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Prefers a sunny well-drained border of fairly rich soil. Established plants are extremely drought tolerant. A very ornamental plant. Although perennial, plants are sometimes grown as annuals, they flower in their first year from seed.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Ratibida columnifera. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Ratibida columnifera.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Yanovsky. E. Food Plants of the N. American Indians. Publication no. 237. U.S. Depf of Agriculture. ()
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- Facciola. S. Cornucopia - A Source Book of Edible Plants. Kampong Publications ISBN 0-9628087-0-9 (1990-00-00)
- Moerman. D. Native American Ethnobotany Timber Press. Oregon. ISBN 0-88192-453-9 (1998-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Fernald. M. L. Gray's Manual of Botany. American Book Co. (1950-00-00)
<ref> tag with name "PFAFimport-274" defined in
<references> is not used in prior text.