Edible usesThere are no edible uses listed for Pittosporum undulatum.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Pittosporum undulatum.
Cuttings of half-ripe wood, 5 - 7cm with a heel, July/August in a frame. Poor to fair percentage.Basal ripewood cuttings late autumn in a cold frame.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Pittosporum undulatum. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
This species is only hardy outdoors in the mildest areas of Britain, tolerating temperatures down to about -5°c. Very amenable to pruning, plants can be cut right back into old wood if required. The species in this genus are very likely to hybridize with other members of the genus. When growing a species from seed it is important to ensure that the seed either comes from a known wild source, or from isolated specimens in cultivation. The flowers are powerfully scented at night and are pollinated by night-flying moths.Plants in this genus are notably resistant to honey fungus.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Pittosporum undulatum. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Pittosporum undulatum.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Lassak. E. V. and McCarthy. T. Australian Medicinal Plants. ()
- Ewart. A. J. Flora of Victoria. ()
- Holliday. I. and Hill. R. A Field Guide to Australian Trees. Frederick Muller Ltd. ISBN 0-85179-627-3 (1974-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Ornamental Shrubs, Climbers and Bamboos. Murray ISBN 0-7195-5043-2 (1992-00-00)
- Phillips. R. & Rix. M. Conservatory and Indoor Plants Volumes 1 & 2 Pan Books, London. ISBN 0-330-37376-5 (1998-00-00)
- Genders. R. Scented Flora of the World. Robert Hale. London. ISBN 0-7090-5440-8 (1994-00-00)
- Carolin. R. & Tindale. M. Flora of the Sydney Region Reed. Australia. ISBN 0730104001 (1993-00-00)
"image:Pittosporum undulatum (Flower).jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.