Edible usesThere are no edible uses listed for Photinia davidiana.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Photinia davidiana.
Basal cuttings in a frame. Harvest the shoots with plenty of underground stem when they are about 8 - 10cm above the ground. Pot them up into individual pots and keep them in light shade in a cold frame or greenhouse until they are rooting well. Plant them out in the summer. Cuttings of half-ripe wood, 7 - 10cm with a heel, July/August in a frame. They take about 2 months to root and should be overwintered in a greenhouse, planting out in late spring. Fair to good percentage. Cuttings of almost ripe side shoots, 7 - 12cm with a heel, October/November in a cold frame. Lift the following autumn and plant in their permanent positions.Layering in autumn. Partially sever the layer about 12 months later and lift in the following spring. High percentage.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Photinia davidiana. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Plants are not hardy in all areas of Britain, they tolerate temperatures down to about -15°c. This species is the most susceptible of the genus to fireblight. A vigorous fast-growing plant with vicious spines. The fruit persists into the winter and seems to be unattractive to birds.There are some named forms selected for their ornamental value.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Photinia davidiana. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Photinia davidiana.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- [Flora of China] (1994-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Ornamental Shrubs, Climbers and Bamboos. Murray ISBN 0-7195-5043-2 (1992-00-00)
"image:Starr_021126-9002_Photinia_davidiana.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.