Although no mention of toxicity has been seen for this species, skin contact with the sap of a number of members in this genus is said to cause photo-sensitivity and/or dermatitis in some people. They are also said to contain the alleged 'psychotroph' myristicine.
Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Peucedanum multivittatum.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Peucedanum multivittatum.
Seed - we have no information on this species but suggest sowing the seed in a cold frame as soon as it is ripe if this is possible otherwise in early spring. When they are large enough to handle, prick the seedlings out into individual pots and plant them out in the summer.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Peucedanum multivittatum. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
We have very little information on this species and do not know if it will be hardy in Britain, though judging by its native range it should succeed outdoors in most parts of this country. The following notes are based on the general needs of the genus. An easily grown plant, it succeeds in any moisture-retentive soil in a sunny position. Suitable for group plantings in the wild garden.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Peucedanum multivittatum. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Peucedanum multivittatum.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Frohne. D. and Pf?nder. J. A Colour Atlas of Poisonous Plants. Wolfe ISBN 0723408394 (1984-00-00)
- Duke. J. A. and Ayensu. E. S. Medicinal Plants of China Reference Publications, Inc. ISBN 0-917256-20-4 (1985-00-00)
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Ohwi. G. Flora of Japan. (English translation) Smithsonian Institution (1965-00-00)