Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Lilium nepalense.
Division with care in the autumn once the leaves have died down. Replant immediately.Bulb scales can be removed from the bulbs in early autumn. If they are kept in a warm dark place in a bag of moist peat, they will produce bulblets. These bulblets can be potted up and grown on in the greenhouse until they are large enough to plant out.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Lilium nepalense. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Plants should be kept dry from November to April and are therefore best grown in a greenhouse border. The stem is running and rooting underground. Bulbs should be planted about 20cm deep in almost pure leafmold with added charcoal. Early to mid autumn is the best time to plant out the bulbs in cool temperate areas, in warmer areas they can be planted out as late as late autumn. A very ornamental plant. The flowers are usually malodorous. The flowers have a strong scent of indole.The plant should be protected against rabbits and slugs in early spring. If the shoot tip is eaten out the bulb will not grow in that year and will lose vigour.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Lilium nepalense. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Lilium nepalense.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Tanaka. T. Tanaka's Cyclopaedia of Edible Plants of the World. Keigaku Publishing (1976-00-00)
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- Manandhar. N. P. Plants and People of Nepal Timber Press. Oregon. ISBN 0-88192-527-6 (2002-00-00)
- [Flora of China] (1994-00-00)
- ? The Plantsman. Vol. 4. 1982 - 1983. Royal Horticultural Society (1982-00-00)
- RHS Lily Group. Lilies and Related Plants. ()
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Phillips. R. and Rix. M. Bulbs Pan Books ISBN 0-330-30253-1 (1989-00-00)
- Woodcock. and Coutts. Lilies - Their Culture and Management. Country Life (1935-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Brickell. C. The RHS Gardener's Encyclopedia of Plants and Flowers Dorling Kindersley Publishers Ltd. ISBN 0-86318-386-7 (1990-00-00)
- Genders. R. Scented Flora of the World. Robert Hale. London. ISBN 0-7090-5440-8 (1994-00-00)
- Polunin. O. and Stainton. A. Flowers of the Himalayas. Oxford Universtiy Press (1984-00-00)
"image:Lilium nepalense flora.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.