Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Ligularia hiberniflorum.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Ligularia hiberniflorum.
Seed - sow spring in a cold frame. Only just cover the seed. When they are large enough to handle, prick the seedlings out into individual pots and plant them out in the summer. Division in spring. Very easy, larger clumps can be replanted direct into their permanent positions, though it is best to pot up smaller clumps and grow them on in a cold frame until they are rooting well. Plant them out in the spring.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Ligularia hiberniflorum. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
We have very little information on this species and do not know if it will be hardy in Britain, though judging by its native range it is only likely to succeed in the milder parts of the country. The following notes are based on the general needs of the genus. Prefers a deep moist or even boggy fertile humus-rich soil. Succeeds in sun or semi-shade. Plants often wilt on bright windy days. The young growth in spring is very susceptible to damage by slugs and snails.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Ligularia hiberniflorum. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Ligularia hiberniflorum.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Perennial Garden Plants J. M. Dent & Sons, London. ISBN 0 460 86048 8 (1990-00-00)
- Brickell. C. The RHS Gardener's Encyclopedia of Plants and Flowers Dorling Kindersley Publishers Ltd. ISBN 0-86318-386-7 (1990-00-00)
- Tanaka. T. Tanaka's Cyclopaedia of Edible Plants of the World. Keigaku Publishing (1976-00-00)
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- Ohwi. G. Flora of Japan. (English translation) Smithsonian Institution (1965-00-00)