Edible usesThere are no edible uses listed for Hakea sericea.
Shrubs are planted for the reclamation of arid land in Spain and Portugal.Plants are used for screening purposes in Australia.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Hakea sericea.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Hakea sericea. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
This species is not very hardy in Britain, but it succeeds outdoors in S.W. England. Plants are hardy to about -7°c in Australian gardens but this cannot be translated directly to British gardens due to our cooler summers and longer, colder wetter winters. They grow well in a Mediterranean climate, with cool wet winters and hot dry summers. Some forms of this species are lower growing with a tendency to sucker. Sometimes confused with H. lissosperma, some plants grown as H. acicularis are H. lissosperma. A good bee plant.Plants in this genus are notably resistant to honey fungus.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Hakea sericea. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Hakea sericea.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Howes. F. N. Vegetable Gums and Resins. Faber ()
- Ewart. A. J. Flora of Victoria. ()
- ? Flora Europaea Cambridge University Press (1964-00-00)
- Wrigley. J. W. and Fagg. M. Australian Native Plants. Collins. (Australia) ISBN 0-7322-0021-0 (1988-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Ornamental Shrubs, Climbers and Bamboos. Murray ISBN 0-7195-5043-2 (1992-00-00)
- Taylor. J. The Milder Garden. Dent (1990-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
<ref> tag with name "PFAFimport-265" defined in
<references> is not used in prior text.
"image:Hakea sericea, arbusto.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.