Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Campanula rotundifolia.
The seed can also be sown outdoors in situ during the spring. Basal cuttings in spring. Harvest the shoots when they are about 10 - 15cm long with plenty of underground stem. Pot them up into individual pots and keep them in light shade in a cold frame or greenhouse until they are rooting well. Plant them out in the summer.Division in spring or autumn. Very easy, larger clumps can be replanted direct into their permanent positions, though it is best to pot up smaller clumps and grow them on in a cold frame until they are rooting well. Plant them out in the summer or following spring.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Campanula rotundifolia. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Plants are hardy to at least -15°c. A very variable species in the wild. When established, plants can spread fairly freely and also self-sow, though they are quite easily contained by hoeing. The species in this genus do not often hybridize and so seed can generally be relied upon to come true. The plants are self-fertile. Members of this genus are rarely if ever troubled by browsing deer or rabbits.A very ornamental plant, there are some named varieties.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Campanula rotundifolia. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Campanula rotundifolia.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Moerman. D. Native American Ethnobotany Timber Press. Oregon. ISBN 0-88192-453-9 (1998-00-00)
- Bird. R. (Editor) Growing from Seed. Volume 3. Thompson and Morgan. (1989-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Sanders. T. W. Popular Hardy Perennials. Collingridge (1926-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Perennial Garden Plants J. M. Dent & Sons, London. ISBN 0 460 86048 8 (1990-00-00)
- Lewis. P. & Lynch. M. Campanulas - A Gardener's Guide. B. T. Batsford. London. ISBN 0-7134-8266-4 (1998-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Clapham, Tootin and Warburg. Flora of the British Isles. Cambridge University Press (1962-00-00)
- Crook. H. Clifford. Campanulas - their cultivation and classification. Country Life (1951-00-00)
"image:Campanula rotundifolia liten blåklocka.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.