Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Callicarpa mollis.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Callicarpa mollis.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Callicarpa mollis. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on cultivation. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Callicarpa mollis. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Callicarpa mollis.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
Requires a sunny position or light dappled shade. Prefers a highly fertile well-drained loamy soil. Plants are only really hardy in the milder parts of Britain and even then they need the protection of a wall. Requires cross-pollination for good fruit production. Plants in this genus are notably resistant to honey fungus.
Seed - sow February in a greenhouse. Only just cover the seed. Germination usually takes place within 1 - 3 months at 18°c. When large enough to handle, prick the seedlings out into individual pots and grow them on in the greenhouse for at least their first winter, planting them out into their permanent positions in late spring or early summer, after the last expected frosts. Cuttings of half-ripe wood 10cm long, July/August in a frame. High percentage. Cuttings of mature wood of the current season's growth with a heel taken in early spring.
E. Asia - Central and S. Japan, Korea.
Rich woods and thickets. In forests from the lowlands to elevations of 500 metres.
- Tanaka. T. Tanaka's Cyclopaedia of Edible Plants of the World. Keigaku Publishing (1976-00-00)
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- Reid. B. E. Famine Foods of the Chiu-Huang Pen-ts'ao. Taipei. Southern Materials Centre (1977-00-00)
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- www.foj.info Flora of Japan ()
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Ornamental Shrubs, Climbers and Bamboos. Murray ISBN 0-7195-5043-2 (1992-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Bird. R. (Editor) Growing from Seed. Volume 3. Thompson and Morgan. (1989-00-00)