Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Adenophora stricta.
Seed - best sown in a cold frame as soon as it is ripe. The seed can also be sown in spring. Surface sow 2 - 3 seeds per pot in the spring in order to avoid transplanting. We have found that if transplanted when very small seedlings grow away without difficulty[K]. Germinates in 1 - 3 months at 10°c. Plant out into their permanent positions whilst young. Basal cuttings in spring[238, K]. Division in spring - very difficult because the plant dislikes root disturbance.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Adenophora stricta. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Prefers a light rich slightly alkaline soil that is not too dry, and a warm sunny position. Plants are intolerant of root disturbance, though they are fast-growing and can become invasive when well-sited. The young growth is extremely attractive to slugs, they have been known to destroy even mature plants[K].
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Adenophora stricta. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Adenophora stricta.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Tanaka. T. Tanaka's Cyclopaedia of Edible Plants of the World. Keigaku Publishing (1976-00-00)
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- Reid. B. E. Famine Foods of the Chiu-Huang Pen-ts'ao. Taipei. Southern Materials Centre (1977-00-00)
- Bown. D. Encyclopaedia of Herbs and their Uses. Dorling Kindersley, London. ISBN 0-7513-020-31 (1995-00-00)
- ? A Barefoot Doctors Manual. Running Press ISBN 0-914294-92-X ()
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Rice. G. (Editor) Growing from Seed. Volume 1. Thompson and Morgan. (1987-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- www.foj.info Flora of Japan ()