Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Adenophora liliifolia.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Adenophora liliifolia.
Seed - best sown in a cold frame as soon as it is ripe. The seed can also be sown in spring. Surface sow 2 - 3 seeds per pot in the spring in order to avoid transplanting. We have found that if transplanted when very small seedlings grow away without difficulty[K]. Germinates in 1 - 3 months at 10°c. Plant out into their permanent positions whilst young. Basal cuttings in spring[K]. Division in spring - very difficult because the plant dislikes root disturbance..
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Adenophora liliifolia. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Prefers a light rich slightly alkaline soil that is not too dry, and a warm sunny position. Plants are intolerant of root disturbance and should be planted out into their permanent positions when young. This species has been cultivated for its edible root in Japan. The flowers have a sweet but refreshing perfume. This is the only member of the genus with scented flowers. The young growth is extremely attractive to slugs, they have been known to destroy even mature plants[K].
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Adenophora liliifolia. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Adenophora liliifolia.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Hedrick. U. P. Sturtevant's Edible Plants of the World. Dover Publications ISBN 0-486-20459-6 (1972-00-00)
- Usher. G. A Dictionary of Plants Used by Man. Constable ISBN 0094579202 (1974-00-00)
- Tanaka. T. Tanaka's Cyclopaedia of Edible Plants of the World. Keigaku Publishing (1976-00-00)
- Komarov. V. L. Flora of the USSR. Israel Program for Scientific Translation (1968-00-00)
- Uphof. J. C. Th. Dictionary of Economic Plants. Weinheim (1959-00-00)
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Rice. G. (Editor) Growing from Seed. Volume 1. Thompson and Morgan. (1987-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Bown. D. Encyclopaedia of Herbs and their Uses. Dorling Kindersley, London. ISBN 0-7513-020-31 (1995-00-00)
- Genders. R. Scented Flora of the World. Robert Hale. London. ISBN 0-7090-5440-8 (1994-00-00)
- Polunin. O. Flowers of Greece and the Balkans. Oxford University Press ISBN 0-19-217626-9 (1980-00-00)