Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Adenophora latifolia.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Adenophora latifolia.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Adenophora latifolia. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on cultivation. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Adenophora latifolia. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Adenophora latifolia.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
Prefers a light rich slightly alkaline soil that is not too dry, and a warm sunny position. Intolerant of root disturbance. The young growth is extremely attractive to slugs, they have been known to destroy even mature plants[K].
Seed - best sown in a cold frame as soon as it is ripe. The seed can also be sown in spring. Surface sow 2 - 3 seeds per pot in the spring in order to avoid transplanting. We have found that if transplanted when very small seedlings grow away without difficulty[K]. Germinates in 1 - 3 months at 10°c. Plant out into their permanent positions whilst young. Basal cuttings in spring[K]. Division in spring - very difficult because the plant dislikes root disturbance..
E. Asia - China, Japan, Korea, Siberia.
Shrubby formations, broad-leaved and pine forests, forest edges, dry meadows and stony slopes.
- Uphof. J. C. Th. Dictionary of Economic Plants. Weinheim (1959-00-00)
- Usher. G. A Dictionary of Plants Used by Man. Constable ISBN 0094579202 (1974-00-00)
- Tanaka. T. Tanaka's Cyclopaedia of Edible Plants of the World. Keigaku Publishing (1976-00-00)
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Komarov. V. L. Flora of the USSR. Israel Program for Scientific Translation (1968-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Rice. G. (Editor) Growing from Seed. Volume 1. Thompson and Morgan. (1987-00-00)