Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Ribes viburnifolium.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Ribes viburnifolium.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Ribes viburnifolium. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
This species is not very hardy outdoors in most of Britain. The plants tolerate temperatures down to about -5°c and can be grown successfully in the light shade of a woodland garden in the milder areas of the country. They can also be grown against a sunny wall in many parts of the country. The aromatic leaves and shoots smell like turpentine when they are crushed. The scent has a most refreshing pine-like aroma according to another report.Plants can harbour a stage of 'white pine blister rust', so they should not be grown in the vicinity of pine trees. Plants in this genus are notably susceptible to honey fungus.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Ribes viburnifolium. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Ribes viburnifolium.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Fruit (Unknown use)
- Tanaka. T. Tanaka's Cyclopaedia of Edible Plants of the World. Keigaku Publishing (1976-00-00)
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Dirr. M. A. and Heuser. M. W. The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation. Athens Ga. Varsity Press ISBN 0942375009 (1987-00-00)
- Bird. R. (Editor) Growing from Seed. Volume 4. Thompson and Morgan. (1990-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Taylor. J. The Milder Garden. Dent (1990-00-00)
- Grey-Wilson. C. & Matthews. V. Gardening on Walls Collins ISBN 0-00-219220-0 (1983-00-00)
- Genders. R. Scented Flora of the World. Robert Hale. London. ISBN 0-7090-5440-8 (1994-00-00)
- Arnberger. L. P. Flowers of the Southwest Mountains. Southwestern Monuments Ass. (1968-00-00)
- Munz. A California Flora. University of California Press (1959-00-00)