Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Actinidia callosa indochinensis.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Actinidia callosa indochinensis.
Cuttings of softwood as soon as ready in spring in a frame[K]. Cuttings of half-ripe wood, July/August in a frame. Very high percentage.Cuttings of ripe wood, October/November in a frame.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Actinidia callosa indochinensis. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Prefers a sound loamy neutral soil. Succeeds in semi-shade but full sun is best for fruit production. Prefers a sheltered position. Plants are not fully hardy in much of Britain. Young spring growth is susceptible to frost damage. Fruits are formed on second year wood and also on fruit spurs on older wood, any pruning is best carried out in the winter. This is a climbing plant, supporting itself by twining around branches etc. Plants in this genus are notably resistant to honey fungus.Dioecious. Male and female plants must be grown if seed is required.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Actinidia callosa indochinensis. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Actinidia callosa indochinensis.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Rice. G. (Editor) Growing from Seed. Volume 1. Thompson and Morgan. (1987-00-00)
- Dirr. M. A. and Heuser. M. W. The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation. Athens Ga. Varsity Press ISBN 0942375009 (1987-00-00)
- ? The Plantsman. Vol. 6. 1984 - 1985. Royal Horticultural Society (1984-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Grey-Wilson. C. & Matthews. V. Gardening on Walls Collins ISBN 0-00-219220-0 (1983-00-00)
- Natural Food Institute, Wonder Crops. 1987. ()
- Li. H. L. Journal of the Arnold Arboretum. Volume 32. Arnold Arboretum. (1952-00-00)