Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Achnatherum hymenoides.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Achnatherum hymenoides.
We have had better results from sowing the seed in a greenhouse. Only just cover the seed and it should germinate freely within 2 weeks. Prick out the seedlings into individual pots when they are large enough to handle and plant them out in early summer[K].Division in spring. Very easy, larger divisions can be planted out direct into their permanent positions. We have found that it is better to pot up the smaller divisions and grow them on in light shade in a cold frame until they are well established before planting them out in late spring or early summer.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Achnatherum hymenoides. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
This species is unlikely to tolerate temperatures lower than about -5°c, and so will only be suitable for the milder areas of the country.Currently (1992) being tested for its potential as a perennial cereal for sandy soils in dry regions.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Achnatherum hymenoides. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Achnatherum hymenoides.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Hedrick. U. P. Sturtevant's Edible Plants of the World. Dover Publications ISBN 0-486-20459-6 (1972-00-00)
- Uphof. J. C. Th. Dictionary of Economic Plants. Weinheim (1959-00-00)
- Harrington. H. D. Edible Native Plants of the Rocky Mountains. University of New Mexico Press ISBN 0-8623-0343-9 (1967-00-00)
- Coon. N. The Dictionary of Useful Plants. Rodale Press ISBN 0-87857-090-x (1975-00-00)
- Facciola. S. Cornucopia - A Source Book of Edible Plants. Kampong Publications ISBN 0-9628087-0-9 (1990-00-00)
- Weiner. M. A. Earth Medicine, Earth Food. Ballantine Books ISBN 0-449-90589-6 (1980-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Fernald. M. L. Gray's Manual of Botany. American Book Co. (1950-00-00)
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
"image:Achnatherum hymenoides.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.