Edible usesThere are no edible uses listed for Acer pectinatum.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Acer pectinatum.
Layering, which takes about 12 months, is successful with most species in this genus.Cuttings of young shoots in June or July. The cuttings should have 2 - 3 pairs of leaves, plus one pair of buds at the base. Remove a very thin slice of bark at the base of the cutting, rooting is improved if a rooting hormone is used. The rooted cuttings must show new growth during the summer before being potted up otherwise they are unlikely to survive the winter. Only strong-growing cultivars succeed from cuttings, plants of the dissected or variegated cultivars will rarely grow into good plants.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Acer pectinatum. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Grows well with rhododendrons.Most maples are bad companion plants, inhibiting the growth of nearby plants.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Acer pectinatum. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Acer pectinatum.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Manandhar. N. P. Plants and People of Nepal Timber Press. Oregon. ISBN 0-88192-527-6 (2002-00-00)
- McMillan-Browse. P. Hardy Woody Plants from Seed. Grower Books ISBN 0-901361-21-6 (1985-00-00)
- Dirr. M. A. and Heuser. M. W. The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation. Athens Ga. Varsity Press ISBN 0942375009 (1987-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Ornamental Shrubs, Climbers and Bamboos. Murray ISBN 0-7195-5043-2 (1992-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Philbrick H. and Gregg R. B. Companion Plants. Watkins (1979-00-00)
- Riotte. L. Companion Planting for Successful Gardening. Garden Way, Vermont, USA. ISBN 0-88266-064-0 (1978-00-00)
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- [Flora of China] (1994-00-00)