A green dye is obtained from the seed pods.The extensive root system of this plant helps to prevent soil erosion.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Acacia retinodes.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Acacia retinodes. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
This species is said to be hardy from mid-Sussex southwards and westwards. However, trees are not very hardy outdoors in most parts of Britain and even in the mildest areas of the country they are likely to be killed in excessively harsh winters. A very ornamental tree.This species has a symbiotic relationship with certain soil bacteria, these bacteria form nodules on the roots and fix atmospheric nitrogen. Some of this nitrogen is utilized by the growing plant but some can also be used by other plants growing nearby.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Acacia retinodes. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Acacia retinodes.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Cribb. A. B. and J. W. Wild Food in Australia. Fontana ISBN 0-00-634436-4 (1976-00-00)
- Wrigley. J. W. and Fagg. M. Australian Native Plants. Collins. (Australia) ISBN 0-7322-0021-0 (1988-00-00)
- Grey-Wilson. C. & Matthews. V. Gardening on Walls Collins ISBN 0-00-219220-0 (1983-00-00)
- Lister. P. www.uws.edu.au/vip/listerp/wattle.htm Wattleseed ()
- Grae. I. Nature's Colors - Dyes from Plants. MacMillan Publishing Co. New York. ISBN 0-02-544950-8 (1974-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Rice. G. (Editor) Growing from Seed. Volume 1. Thompson and Morgan. (1987-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Phillips. R. & Rix. M. Conservatory and Indoor Plants Volumes 1 & 2 Pan Books, London. ISBN 0-330-37376-5 (1998-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Taylor. J. The Milder Garden. Dent (1990-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Ornamental Shrubs, Climbers and Bamboos. Murray ISBN 0-7195-5043-2 (1992-00-00)
<ref> tag with name "PFAFimport-50" defined in
<references> is not used in prior text.
"image:Acacia melanoxylon2.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.